Elliott Hampton

Elliott Hampton
Elliott Hampton

Friday, July 1, 2011

Surgery update #1

The large disk buzzed in my pocket as the community phone rang in the Ronald McDonald room. We were directed to Consultation Room B. The surgical nurse met us in there and explained the update process. I don't think I heard a word. Then she asked for out baby's name. Because he was admitted from St. Luke's, he was admitted as BabyBoy Mallory. I have attempted to change his name with admissions, to no avail. Anyway, it was nice that she asked for his name. I hate to think of him being cared for by people who don't know that he is the Great Elliott Hampton Mallory. Finally, she told us that anesthesia went well, and the arterial line has been placed, and the breathing tube has been relocated from an oral to a nasal entry.

The next step is the transesophageal Echocardiogram

Next update in roughly am hour and a half.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you both know that you and Elliot are in the thoughts of myself, Claudia, Charles and the kids too. We look forward to his speedy recovery and finally getting the chance to meet the little guy in the future. Tell him his attendance at our wedding is mandatory! : )
    All our love!
    -Alex, Claudia, Charles, Maddie & Finley-

    ReplyDelete