Elliott Hampton

Elliott Hampton
Elliott Hampton

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hooray RLN!

Just as I fell asleep, nurse M called to let me know the ENT consult had arrived. I rushed through the maze of halls, down one set of elevators, and up another to Elliott.

I got there just in time to catch the matinee endoscopy. Hooray! Both vocal folds vibrated beautifully, only mild swelling and irritation were evident. Triumph of the recurrent laryngeal nerve! So proud if that little nerve to steer clear of the scalpel! Next stop- OT's feeding observation. I really am interested to see how OTs eval feeding versus SLPs.

For all of you non- speechies out there, SLP= Speech Language Pathologist (my field) and OT= Occupational Therapist

Now back to sleep then take a much needed shower. I only have the RMH room until 5pm...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment