Elliott Hampton

Elliott Hampton
Elliott Hampton

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Goodnight sweetheart

What a great day! Holding Elliott feels...well I hate to use the term, but it fits, so here goes... It feels organic.

My mother in law likened today to a sort of second birth. I suppose it was a rebirth of several dimensions of our lives. Today was a rebirth for Elliott's lungs, as they begin to adjust to a new, ventilator free environment. Today was a rebirth of Elliott's relationship, not only with me, but with the world, as he is now better able to receive, provide, and process stimuli.

I have spent the past several hours snuggling with my sweet boy. Elliott is quite the communicator. He talked to daddy on the phone and told him all about his discomforts, enjoyed hearing everyone's emails, texts, and facebook comments, and told me where I could shove that pacifier. We compromised on the pacifier. He now has one more his size.

I am going to take a nap and head back up. Camp recliner is pretty busy tonight (there were 5 cases today!) and I am set up right by the fully lit waiting room entrance. I will be signing up for a nap at the RMH tomorrow.

Goodnight!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment