Elliott Hampton

Elliott Hampton
Elliott Hampton

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Our sweet pea did really well overnight. We cuddled until the wee hours and then I let nurse F have a turn while I slept a wink. He had another echo this morning. I will update you when I receive results. They ordered an ENT consult to look at his vocal folds. This is part of standard protocol after both thoracic surgery and extubation. I don't anticipate any issues with the recurrent laryngeal nerve (damage to RLN is the biggest risk in terms of his vocal folds), as he has been phonating quite well this morning. OT will also be coming to evaluate feeding, but that may not be for a few days. I've signed up for a bath and a nap between 1 and 5.

Good morning!


I'm still not do sure about this pacifier. I sort of like it, but then I spit it out- DO NOT TAKE IT AWAY because even when I spit it out, I want to periodically lick it and know it's there if I want it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment