Elliott Hampton

Elliott Hampton
Elliott Hampton

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's official- surgery on Friday, July 1st

Pretty exhausting day. This will be short. I'll add pics from today tomorrow.

We have to be at TCH at 630am tomorrow to consent to anesthesia for a brain MRI. Hopefully, we will meet with the surgeon sometime in the morning. I will have details of surgical plan afterwards. We have to be at TCH at 6am on Friday for Elliott's surgery.

I cannot begin to quantify our fear and anxiety. I can say that we have one amazing strong little boy and we are certain he will prevail through this trial.

So, here's a funny story: the CVICU bed alone is $6600/ day. The hospital bill for the past 5 days (today won't be added until midnight) is $75,000.00-our sweet man is worth every penny. I am so grateful that we have insurance. Any bets on how much the surgery will cost? It's almost comical that we complain about affording the astronomical parking rates at the hospital!

Thank you all for your words of support and encouragement, they really help us keep our strength. Much love to each of you.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment