Elliott Hampton

Elliott Hampton
Elliott Hampton

Monday, August 8, 2011

Surgical follow up and 1st Visit with the pediatrician

From Friday-
What an eventful day for the little guy and me!


We first drove Elliott's Auntie Amanda and (future) Uncle Justin to the airport to catch their flight to Tokyo, Japan. We wanted to go with them, but I reminded Elliott that he needed a few more check ups before traveling over seas. After much debate, Elliott agreed.

Then, we headed to the pediatrician's office. I successfully loaded Master E into the stroller and walked into the office building.






Immediately, we looked for a restroom to relieve both of us. Unfortunately, the 1st restroom we found was adorned with a very narrow entry which would not accommodate the stroller. A woman in scrubs coming out of the restroom commented that she wished there were larger, more accommodating options, considering the pediatrician located in the building. She added that we might try the 3rd floor restrooms. So, up the elevator we went. Same door frame. I had to leave the stroller in the hallway while I brought Elliott in his carrier into the restroom with me. The stalls would not accommodate his carrier, so I had to leave the door open while I went! Good thing I had recently had a baby, which effectively extinguished all of my dignity.





As it turns out, there were very roomy restrooms located within the pediatrician's suite. Snap!

The visits went very well!
Elliott is growing, indeed! 6 lbs 1oz at the pediatrician and 6 lbs 3 oz at Cardiology. All are pleased with his recovery thus far. The plan is to continue fattening him up. His cheat X-ray looked perfect, and his O2 sats were 93-98.

Here are some more pictures:






Auntie Lauren came to visit!











Thus is my Tyrannosaurus Rex face


I love my swing, Uncle Mike!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment