Elliott Hampton

Elliott Hampton
Elliott Hampton

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teichgraeber- update

Today is Elliott's appointment with Dr. Teichgraeber, craniofacial plastic surgeon. I didn't sleep well last night, due to anticipation and anxiety. I am not sure why this consult is so stress inducing. Wish us luck.




UPDATE:
Helmet, helmet here we come. Dr. T recommended a helmet to be worn 23 hours a day for three months. Next stop: Orthotist.

The helmet costs about $3,750.00. Since Congress just ruled that Medicaid will no longer pay for helmets, many insurance companies are expected to terminate coverage, as well. One more bill to pay!

Post your helmet decorating ideas!

Tonight, I have my first Houston Junior League meeting. I will be committing myself to a significant chunk of volunteer work at Texas Children's Hospital. I am looking forward to beginning to chip away at the debt I owe Texas Children's Hospital for saving Elliott's life.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


1 comment: