Elliott Hampton

Elliott Hampton
Elliott Hampton

Friday, July 8, 2011

Well, pd did test positive for protein. Stopped milk feeds. Starting IV fluids. Likely leaving pd in longer. On a positive note, scheduled lasix seems to be working well. Also, sats in upper 80s and low 90s, which is up from low to mid 80s this morning.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Morning round and round

Rounds. May have protein/ fats in pd drain. If so, will put on fat free formula until gets rid of fluid. Not problem with fats, per se, he is still healing, right heart having difficulty keeping up with fluid until healed. If that doesn't work, may place chest tube again. Finally, they put him on scheduled lasix! Will continue to adjust vent as he tolerates. Legs look pinker.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

One step forward, two steps back

Morning X-ray showed improved lung, though he is still positive 25 (meaning he has retained fluid overnight). They do not have him on a scheduled diuretic, which would be a logical next step, though I fear they will start pd again. Lung nearly collapsed last night, but increased positive pressure on vent to avoid collapse. Seems to have worked. One step forward, two steps back.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Finally, an ECHO read

Echo showed pleural effusion (fluid build up in his lungs). May put chest tube back in. Check again in morning. Dropped o2 to 50%. Sats are mid to low 80s. Camping in waiting room recliners. No RMH room. Fish tank constantly running makes me feel like I constantly have to go to the restroom. It will be a long night.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 weeks old!

I can't believe Elliott is already two weeks old. Evidently, he doesn't exist yet, as he has no available birth certificate. Hopefully insurance will accept the birth facts sheet. We almost stopped by the financial counselors to see how much our little man's tab has risen since his surgery. Any guesses? My guess is at least 500k.



They have dropped his vent oxygen down to 60% and he seems to be tolerating it well. No info on ECHO yet. We will keep you posted.

Here are some pictures:

First a few pics of his ECHO






Hello, momma! Where's your snorkel?











Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No update on ECHO

Still no word on ECHO. I'm at the Bureau of Vital Statistics waiting to pick up Elliott's birth certificate. What an education.

Elliott is doing well. His H & H was low again, so they have decided to give a 25 cc blood transfusion. While I really do not like this, no one else seems to think it is a big deal.

I will update again when I have more info on the ECHO.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

It's a good morning.

Looking good! Pacer disconnected, Bp upper 70s low 80s. Heart rate 140s, o2 93. Vent on 70% oxygen. Taking good breaths on his own.

Doing an ECHO bedside now, will let you know how it looks.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone